My sweet David Scott,
This very minute, you are sleeping in my arms. I know these moments will happen less and less as you get older, so I'm trying to take it all in. Sometimes I just stare at you. And just a few weeks ago, I noticed you no longer smelled like you did for the first year or so (for the record, that would be a mix of baby and cheerios). However, I have to say that it is so awesome watching you grow up. You say new words/phrases and learn new tasks each day. It's so cool! And to think that we all shape and mold you into becoming a grown man, a productive member of society, is mind boggling sometimes. But for right now, you are still my little "Goofaroo" and our little boy. Stat-wise, you are:
• 33 inches tall
• 28 pounds
• wearing a size 5 diaper
• wearing 18-24 month/2T clothing; shoes are size 6-7, depending on the shoes
• learning new words in Spanish at school each week ("Hola!", "Beunos Dias!" (you just say, "Dias!"), "Gracias!"
• counting to 10...kind of. You typically start at 3 and go 3, 5, 6, 8. We're getting there. :)
• starting to say 2 word sentences and phrases. I always ask you if you're the cutest (smartest, funniest, etc.). Today at lunch I asked you who was cute. You said, "Papa cute!" Followed by, "Gran cute!" And finally, "Mama cute!" You'll also see something you like and say, "Oohh, pretty!" You said it yesterday referring to Mamaw's chain link fence when we were visiting her. :)
• eagerly awaiting the arrival of Anders, your very first cousin. We all are. He will be my first nephew and Boo's first child. He's gonna be so cute and so sweet and I hope he loves his Auntie (aka me, unless I figure out a new name for myself) as much as you love your Boo. I know that you and Anders will be great friends even if you don't really "get" it right now.
• starting to be a picky eater and have opinions about numerous things. When you tell us, "Done!" you will not put another morsel of food in your mouth. At night, you know it's bathtime after dinner, and will throw a fit to go bathe just as soon as you're done -- even if Daddy and I are still eating. We need to work on teaching you patience just a little bit.
• creeping into our bedroom at night if you wake up. One night last week, you were apparently so stealth in your arrival that we didn't even know you were in our bed until we woke up the next morning. The alarm went off and there you were in between us, just snug as a bug. You didn't even wake up Lola with your arrival which was a miracle since she has super power-like hearing.
I cannot believe you are one month shy of being 2 years old. The time has flown by and I know it's not slowing down any time soon. Daddy and I have grown so much since you came into our lives. You have taught us so much and we have the best time just being with you. I hope that never changes.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone