Whew! David Scott, at 9 months old you are:
- 21 lbs
- 27 inches in length
- pulling up on anything you can
- getting into all cabinets and drawers
- still wearing a few clothes in size 6 months, but mainly you are wearing 9-12 months
- sleeping (8p - 6a) through the night (FINALLY!), although some nights you still wake up, but we let you cry it out and hope that it doesn't scar you for life
- still taking 4 bottles a day, but you'll hardly sit still long enough to drink all 6 ounces in the morning
- eating baby food at breakfast (fruit with cereal), lunch (usually a veggie or two and a fruit), and dinner (usually a meat and a veggie)
- trying some soft adult foods. So far you've had mac and cheese, spaghetti, a few bites of breatstick, green beans, and a bite or two of hamburger meat. Dr. K said you could try anything except nuts, peanut butter, chocolate, and strawberries.
- feeding yourself cheerios and graham crackers -- you love them both
- wearing a size 3 diaper
- saying Ma Ma, Da Da, Lola (it sounds like you're saying yo yo), Bottle (ba ba), Hot (ttt), and I think you were trying to say Thank You last night (da do) -- of course you're mimicing it when I say it, although I think it will be swell when you say it without being prompted :)
- standing for a few seconds at a time
Mama and Daddy
Due to the constant desires of David Scott to not be still, getting a picture of him was next to impossible. Here are the things he wanted to do instead of taking the official 9 month picture:
Play in the dirty clothes...
Play with his Lion...
Go to bookcase and pick up giraffe... (and there is no denying who this child belongs to...his daddy!)
Still at the bookcase, reading a book...
Playing with the lion again and Daddy getting a little sugar and playtime in...
Finally! A still shot -- featuring DS, the tiger, and the sock monkey -- it was the only way he'd sit still...