Tuesday, May 18, 2010

6 Months...




It seems like I just did David Scott's update for 5 months old.  And here we are a month later and he's now 6 months old.  Geez.  Excuse me, Father Time.  Could you please slow things down for us just a bit?  Thanks...

At 6 months old, David Scott, you are:
  • Easily rolling over from belly to back and have been for a while.  We've even walked in on you several times after taking a nap or first thing in the morning, and you surprise us with your precious, smiling  face instead of your backside.  Yes, you still sleep on your belly at home.  You are thisclose (literally) to rolling over from your back to your belly.
  • cutting TWO teeth!  I can't remember if I've already noted the appearance of the second tooth, but they're both on the bottom and boy are they sharp!  Speaking of...
  • almost completely on formula (only two of the 5 daily feedings remain non-formula).  My research indicates that you shouldn't stop nursing cold turkey for a number of reasons. And for me, I really love that special time where it's only you and me and no one else can participate in our little world.  However, I know that it will soon be time for us to include others more and I'm sure Daddy is looking forward to that time as well.  
  • handily holding bottles by yourself.  This past weekend as I was preparing one for you, you saw what I was doing and started going a little nuts.  It was almost like a little pirhana seeing food for the first time.  And don't try to take the bottle away once you've gotten started on it.  Boy do you get upset if we try to do that.  It's the first I've seen of your Rainwater temper.  Since you don't have too much of my looks, I like to take credit for your fantastic disposition and personality.  Although we rarely see it, your temper, though, could go either way.
  • 17 or 18 pounds in weight.  You go to the doctor for shots (agh!) on Friday, so we'll get the official stats for height and weight then.
  • eating baby food at dinnertime each night.  So far you've tried carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, bananas, peas, and you're just starting apples.  You've loved everything except the squash...and I don't blame you.
  • very social.  You are happy to let most anybody hold you and you can bat those big, blue eyes like nobody's business.  I think you got your charm from Daddy too, since Mama isn't as flirtacious as those Rainwater boys can be.
  • about to be wearing Size 3 diapers.  We're trying to finish off the Size 2s so we can move up.  Because daycare provides your diapers during the day, I buy a box and you literally outgrow them before we've used them all.  I should just pass them on but Daddy wants us to get our money's worth!
  • SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!  For the most part, anyway.  You may wake up crying out for your paci, but we can put it back in your mouth and we're good to go until it's actually time to get up.  You've been going to bed about 9pm and will wake up around 6am.  It is wonderful!
  • pulling up on our hands all the time.  This is in addition to you still jumping all the time.  And when I say all the time, I mean that you literally try to jump while you're sitting in your car seat.  That's how much you love to jump.  You don't want to stop to sit, to eat, and sometimes, even when you're sleepy, you still want to jump.  You're like a little frog.
It's funny to think about what we did before we had you in our lives.  I think we must have been so empty inside and not even knew it until you came along.  We love you so much!

Love,
Mama and Daddy


This was what DS was doing right before we got his official 6-month pic (above).

This is what the messy boy looks like mid-meal.  I think this was rice ceral one day this past weekend.  Also, check out the drool.

Bathtime!  This soapy boy loves his nightly bath.

DroolMaster 6000 at  his finest.  This was in our backyard this past weekend.

We ate out twice on Saturday -- for lunch, we ate Olive Garden where David Scott tried a lemon for the first time.  He was underwhelmed.

And our second meal out was Saturday night at Casa Maria, a local Mexican restaurant.  DS is more interested in a kid nearby than he is stopping for long enough to pose for a pic.

4 comments:

  1. i love that plaid outfit! jonjon's are so cute! and so it ds but that goes without saying. :) i'm seeing a little of you in him now. a little, but that's better than none!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That jonjon was $5 at Carter's, so I bought one in every pattern. And I think I see a little of me in him too. But half the time I think that i just want to see myself in him, so I'm glad you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading the blog! Can't wait to get my hands on DS....saving up sugar for that boy! (and his mama)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three cheers for DIVER Paul! And of course David Scott....

    ReplyDelete