Friday, July 10, 2009

Week 20...halfway there!

We had the "big" ultrasound this week where they take the baby's measurements and make sure everything is working as it should be. We're very blessed to say that Baby Rain appears to be in perfect working order and has "all of his parts" including his package which the nurse said he was proudly displaying. Naturally, my baby daddy/hubby was very pleased especially the part about his "display." Imagine that...a Rainwater boy who is not shy... :) Anyway, I too was pleased with everything. I didn't think to ask how big he was but according to the many weekly emails I receive from various websites, he's approaching 1 lb in weight and is 9 or so inches long. I'll go back for an exam with my doc in two weeks. However, while I was there, I asked to see anyone who could see me regarding the pain in my tailbone which finally started decreasing after laying on the heating pad for most of the weekend and sleeping with a pillow under my elevated legs.

The NP (Nurse Practicioner) said that they couldn't really do anything for the pain b/c I was doing everything they'd recommend except that I needed to take my Tylenol more frequently than once a day. She also sent orders for me to undergo a PT evalutation as a preventive measure since I was having problems so early when I'm really not carrying that much extra weight -- so that at least I can learn some proper stretching exercises in order to possibly avoid more pain later on in the pregnancy. I'm all about prevention, but the PT can't see me for another week and a half. The pain is subsiding enough that I no longer have to sit on the donut, but rather am able to shift from one side of my butt to the other but still having difficulty sitting down and rising from a chair/sitting position. Oh well, I'll just go on my beach vacay next week and not worry about anything but wearing enough sunscreen and drinking enough water.

AND, in even more exciting news -- one of my bffs (Betsey) is having a baby too! She's due in February about 3 months after Baby Rain is scheduled to arrive. We're both excited to be preggo together -- for a few more months anyway! Congrats, Betsey and Everett! Incidentally, I'm already predicting they're having a boy. Apparently girl babies are not being born to anyone I know with the exception of Jessie.

Mom and Rachel (Boo) are coming to BR this weekend and we're going shopping for Boo and I to have dresses for the wedding (Mom's). I guess she's thinking I'm gonna be hard to fit (read: hard to please), so she's basically planning everyone else's attire around what I get (read: am able to fit into). I thought that was pretty thoughtful. My MIL (Debbie) came to BR last weekend so we got to visit with her for a day or so. After shopping with Alicia two weekends ago, with Deb last weekend, and with my mom and sister this weekend, my bank account is going to need a vacation! That's about all that's going on. I'm waiting on Scotty to get home from work. We're having Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti for supper, which is probably not part of his P90X healthy eating plan, but it sounds really good to me right now, so that's what we're going with!

1 comment: