Friday, July 3, 2009

Back Pain

As I was getting ready for work on Wednesday, I sneezed and felt a "pop" at the base of my tailbone. Standing up didn't seem to be too much of a problem. However, sitting down and getting up from sitting down was uncomfortable to say the least. I called my doctor around lunchtime just to make sure nothing sounded out of the ordinary. It wasn't, as the tailbone tends to have a lot of pressure on it at this point during the pregnancy. My options were to take Tylenol or use a heating pad or both. I went for option 3 -- taking a nice, hot bath after work. That helped, but I was still uncomfortable on Thursday. You really don't realize how many times during the day you get up from sitting only to sit down again a couple minutes later.

Then today came. It's been the worst day so far as far as being uncomfortable and in slight pain. I'd been resisting the Tylenol but finally Scotty convinced me to take it. That was a few hours ago and it's not helping much. Standing up and walking around isn't too bad, so now I'm trying to get multi-task more than usual when I stand up so that I'm not getting up and down, up and down all the time. If you experienced this "normal" tailbone pain and found a remedy that either lessened it or got rid of it altogether, please let me know. I'm hoping and praying that this isn't some kind of payback for having such a pleasant first half of pregnancy and that I don't have 5 more months of this...

1 comment:

  1. mine never went away. lasted the length of the pregnancy. sorry! but, it was immediately gone once olivia arrived!

    ReplyDelete