Thursday, June 25, 2009

Week 18

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. Not that much to share, other than:
  • I've only gained 5 pounds my entire 4 and a half months of being pregnant.
  • His heartbeat yesterday was 155 bpm -- and he was kicking throughout that, although I couldn't feel it right then due to my position, but I had been feeling some movement earlier when my pants were cutting into my abdomen somewhat.
  • We go back in two weeks for the "big" ultrasound where they'll take his measurements and make sure everything is where it's supposed to be and functioning properly.
  • Two weeks after that, I'll have another visit with my doctor.

That's about it. I haven't had as much of an increase in my appetite as I thought I would, although I still start thinking about what I'm having for lunch at about 9:30 each morning! I guess this will increase as the baby actually starts getting bigger. I guess the same will go for my weight, although I'm anticipating staying under my doc's 25 lb pregnancy weight gain. Hopefully this doesn't mean I'm in for a big weight gain in a short period of time. However, just as a precaution, I'm going to try and do a better job about applying lotion and such every day -- especially in the belly region! I want to avoid those pesky stretch marks as much as possible.

I'm still able to wear a good bit of my regular clothes, but every day it's becoming more of a challenge to wear something comfortable, yet work-appropriate. My friend Alicia is coming to BR this weekend and we're going to go look at baby stuff and maternity clothes, and maybe get a couple of wardrobe staples -- black pants, cute "work-appropriate" tops, maybe a skirt with an elastic waistband, etc...Already this week I've had to buy two pairs of flats b/c my girls at work were fussing at me about my high heels. They said my legs will thank me later on. So being that the only flats I own were of the flip-flop variety, I had to get shoes that would work for work.

That's about it. We're about to eat some steaks that Scotty is taking off the grill...yummy!

1 comment: