Saturday, June 20, 2009

The last couple of weeks...

Well, not much has been going on since we found out we're having a boy. Here's a picture of me taken a couple of days after that visit -- about 2 weeks ago. I go back on Wednesday for another visit with my doctor. I went to the beach last weekend with some of my girls from work. Our boss graciously lets us use his condo for a long weekend each summer as our "Administrative Professionals" gift. Nice gift, huh? We had a great time. I tolerated the sun pretty well. All except for my ankles. I'll spare you the picture, but we'll leave it at my sunblock was apparently old and didn't cover my legs as well as it did the rest of my body. Additionally, I had some areas near my ankles that didn't get any sun at all, and others that got burned to the extent that it looked like I'd been beaten they turned so purple for a few days. Luckily, all that splotchiess and discoloration has passed and I no longer look ridiculous in a dress or skirt. Another thing that I "got" while we were in Orange Beach/Gulf Shores was a little onesie from the Polo outlet in Foley. It was a steal and is so cute as you can see:

It's a 6-month, so he'll be able to wear it next spring and summer.


This weekend is a happy and sad one for me. Today is Rachel's birthday (25!). Happy Birthday Aunt Boo! Tomorrow will be Scotty's first Father's Day, although he's not officially a father just yet. I'm also reminded that my own father won't be here to enjoy his grandson and future grandchildren. I know he's looking down and is excited with everything that's going on, probably wishing that he could be here, too. And although it makes me sad to think that my own dad isn't "here," I think we've got a pretty good "bonus" grandpa in David (mom's bf/future husband).


I'll leave you with a picture of one of the things I got Scotty for Father's Day. As I'm sure most of you are aware, Scotty has high hopes for his son when it comes to golf (understatement of the year!). So, as an inspiration for him, I bought the baby his first pair of golf shoes. They don't have spikes or anything, but they're made to look like real golf shoes. They say "Footjoy" in green on the toe-area. For those of you not familiar with the golf lingo, Footjoy is a brand of golf shoe; specifically, it's the brand Scotty wears. He thought the baby golf shoes were great and he can't wait until the baby can actually wear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment