Friday, June 5, 2009

Baby Rain is a ...


BOY!!!!


We were able to have a sonogram yesterday; Baby Rain fully cooperated. When the tech first found him, he was jumping all aound and kicking me, sucking his thumb. You couldn't tell what he was because the umbilical cord was right between his legs. I thought to myself, "Great! This was the one thing I didn't want -- an ambiguous determination." He finally slowed down enough and got into such a position that you could clearly see that there was more than the umbilical cord in between his legs! We were so excited! Scotty was fully expecting a girl and I think he was a little shocked at the prospect of having a son. He got over it quickly and you could see the pride all over his face. It was such a sweet moment that I don't think I'll ever forget.


We called the grandmothers, great-grandparents, aunts and uncles and shared the good news. Everyone was thrilled. Scotty emailed some people about it. The subject heading read: The Next Tiger Woods...with the message: It's a boy! Needless to say, he is beyond excited at having a son and has already pre-ordered Baby Rain's first set of golf clubs. Just kidding...I think. I'm excited, too. In fact, as we were leaving the doctor's office, we got into the car and high-fived one another at the prospect of not having to pay for a wedding! With our firstborn anyway...


Although there's not as much cute boy stuff as there is girl stuff, little boys sure love their Mamas and I am so looking forward to having a "little Scotty."

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Sarah and Scotty!!! I know you are both excited. I was relieved with my first one being a boy. The pressure was relieved early on thank goodness. The boys are harder to find the cute stuff when they are babies, but save all that money for their toys later because their toys are $$$$$$$$$$$$$. I know you mom is soooo excited. And I agree with you 100%, then boys do love their Mamas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations. You are too funny.

    ReplyDelete