Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dr's Visit and Such...

David Scott had his 2-month pediatrician's visit earlier today.  Despite getting 4 shots -- 3 with needles and one vaccine orally, he did great.  Our little guy only cried when they poked him and for a minute or two afterward. 

Dr. K said DS was great.  I'll include his stats in my official 2-month old recap on the 18th.  Here's David Scott lying on the table at the doctor's office looking at himself in the mirror:



I've figured out that I can put DS in his "boppy" pillow in the bathroom while I get ready every day.  This is a huge improvement from just laying him down in his cradle (or just on the bathroom mat alone) and listening to him cry while I'm in the shower.  And since I'll be going back to work next Monday, this solution came just in the nick of time.  Most of the time, he's on the floor looking around at me and at other stuff in our bathroom.  However, if he gets fussy while I'm doing my make-up, I will put him on the counter in the boppy.  Don't worry -- I'm right there practically on top of him while I do my make-up.



You'll note the genuine smile happening in this picture.  While this wasn't his first smile, I thought it was a cute pic.  His first smile happened at our early morning feeding on New Year's Eve when I smiled at my baby boy just like I had been doing every day.  This time, though, he smiled back at me!  I couldn't believe it.  It took me several more times smiling at him and have him smile back at me before I truly believed it was a real smile and not just gas.  But as you can see in the picture above, you can see it on his whole face, so...not gas!

Stay tuned for another update next Monday to recap my first day back at work/DS' first day at daycare AND his 2-month old recap. 



2 comments:

  1. rachel, you also know the CUTEST little girl ever! ds is the cutest little boy though!

    ReplyDelete