Monday, June 21, 2010

7 Months...





David Scott,
So much changes with you each and every day.  It's hard to believe you're 7 months old.  Your daddy pointed out to me a couple of weeks ago that you're closer to 1 than you are a newborn.  Sadness.  But also excitement!  You are really doing so many new things every few days that it truly is an awesome transformation to watch.  For instance, for the last week or so, you've been acting like you want to crawl.  Finally, last night, you "transitioned" from sitting, to being on all fours, to moving your left leg in a forward-crawling motion, to going back down on your belly.  You're close!!!  You scoot backwards so well. In fact, while Daddy was at work on Saturday, I left you playing on the floor in our bedroom where I could see you through the crack of the bathroom door while I took a shower.  I was almost done when I heard you start crying.  I looked through the crack to see what you were doing, but you were nowhere to be seen.  I quickly got out to see where you were.  You had backed yourself up underneath our dresser!  Not completely, but just enough that only your upper body was visible.  It was quite funny -- not to you, but to me.  And had you not been screaming, and had I had a camera (and a towel), I would've captured it for posterity.  Also, last Tuesday night, instead of saying, "Ma Ma," you busted out with, "Da Da."  You turkey -- you broke my heart!  Not really.  I was so happy that you'd said your first compound word, that I didn't care what it was...as long as I didn't miss it.  So, scooting backwards?  Check.  Saying repetitive sounds?  Check.  What else are you up to?
  • You weigh 19 pounds, 4 oz.
  • You are 26" in length.
  • You are completely on formula and baby food and have been since about a week after you turned 6 months old.  And can I tell you, that it was harder (on me) than I thought it was going to be -- more physical than emotional, but unpleasant nonetheless.  You made the transition like a pro. 
  • You hold the bottle all by yourself everytime you take one.
  • You are still waking up in the middle of the night sometimes.  Some nights you might sleep until 4 or 5, but then you might wake up at 2 the next night.  I'm more than ready for a full night's sleep!
  • Along with a variety of other sounds, you say, "Da da da" all the time.  Da da da is the only one I really recognize besides the occasional, "Ma." 
  • I think you know who Mama, Daddy, and Lola are. 
  • You LOVE Lola.  It's too bad the feeling isn't reciprocated.  I'm still going to give it some more time before I completely say that Lola completely dislikes you.  I think she'll like you more once you start dropping more than just a spoon with baby food on it onto the floor.
  • You can stand up holding onto something for support for a minute or so.  Your feet aren't quite coordinated enough to move much, but you like standing up and then of course..."jumping."
  • You still love to jump.  As I try to take you out of your carseat in the morning when we get to daycare, you are steadily moving those feet...froggy-style.
  • You love being outside and your little pool.  We're making a family trip with Mimi to Destin at the end of July, so I hope the water (or at least the beach) will be doable.  If nothing else, there's always the pool.  Your new thing when you're in the bathtub at night is to drink the water.  I'm not sure why you find this a necesity to do each night, but whatever.
  • Going back to the baby food, you still like everything you've been given so far.  We just started you on baby food "meats."  Delish.
  • You still have the three teeth on bottom and are chewing on EVERYTHING.  I thought that fourth one would be here by now, but it doesn't look like it's coming any time soon.  However, all four of your top, front teeth look like they may try to push through in the next couple of weeks.  For my sake, I hope they all come in while you're in North LA.  That way, Gran or Mimi can have the sleepless nights quality time with you while Daddy and I are getting full nights of sleep in St. Thomas!
My precious boy, Daddy and I are going to miss you terribly while we're on our trip.  However, I KNOW both Mimi and Gran will send us pics FREQUENTLY -- at least one a day.  You are going to have so much fun this next week.  Perhaps this will become an annual trip for you, spending a week in the summer with your grandparents.  Growing up, we never really got to do that but maybe once or twice with Grandmother and Pop in Memphis.  And both Daddy and I were lucky enough to have grandparents who lived nearby that "going" to stay for a week really wasn't an option, although I think your daddy probably did so on more than one occasion with Mamaw and Papaw.  Don't grow and change too much while we're gone.  I don't want to return next week to a son who's solved the federal deficit, created world peace, or who can run like the wind.  Actually, scratch that.  I'd love to return and find that all those things have taken place.  We'll be rich and can move to St. Thomas after you do all those things at the ripe age of 7 months!

Love,
Mama

A few other items to note:

You can reach your mouth with your feet.

Your favorite song is "Boom Boom Pow!" by The Blackeyed Peas.  This little morsel has nothing to do with this picture other than I liked it and want to be sure it makes it into the book.  :)

Your facial expressions are hilarious!

Other items to note:  This past weekend was Father's Day.  We spent the weekend without DS' father as Scotty went to Vegas on a work trip.  Uh huh...  Anyhoo, we marked the occasion on Saturday before Scotty flew out on Sunday.  Although I'd love for Scotty to do a post on how fatherhood has changed him, he probably won't as he says this is "my" blog.  I'd just like to say that I knew Scotty would make an excellent father someday, even as far back as when we first started dating.  However, until he actually became a dad, I didn't know how great he would be.  Fatherhood has forever changed my husband...for the better.  And to see the way our little boy looks at his Daddy...oh...it just melts my heart. 

DS looking adoringly at Daddy while riding the merry-go-round a few weeks back.

Also, Boo's birthday was this weekend.  For the most part, she chilled out at home, which was great, she said.  We didn't get to celebrate with her due to all of the upcoming travel we have.  But, she's going to get to spend a little time with her favorite nephew in just a few days.  And I know they are both looking forward to it! 

1 comment: