Monday, August 6, 2012

16 Weeks...

I am 16 weeks (17 weeks this Wednesday!) pregnant with Baby Rain. I went to the doctor last week for a regularly-scheduled appointment. I only gained a pound the whole first trimester (woohoo!). We got to hear Baby Rain's heartbeat -- 166! When I was pregnant with David Scott, at this point, his heartbeat was 165. I've already started to feel the baby move some over the last week and that, combined with the heart rate leads me to believe that we've got another rambunctious one on our hands! We'll go this Wednesday to find out if we're having a prince or a princess! We are SO excited to find out!! At first, I thought this one might be a girl for two reasons -- the hormones/hormonal acne and the month of constant hunger; neither of which was experienced the first go-round. Both symptoms have subsided for the most part and I feel pretty much like I did with DS...but more tired (!), so now I'm starting to waver. All of our family thinks it's a boy -- and DS will say he's either having a brother or it's a boy when you ask him, although most of the time if he's referring to it, David Scott says "my baby." Cutest thing ever.

If only finding a house was as easy as my early pregnancies have been...


And that is my shirt pulled up to expose my tank top with "bump."  :)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! You look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping that "Bump" is not on the list of baby names! Looking forward to more posts as my newest GRAND grows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Amanda and Jessie! And no, Mom, "Bump" is not up for consideration this go-round. It missed making the finals by a tenth of a point (obviously we've been watching too many Olympics). :)

    ReplyDelete