Monday, February 25, 2013

1 Month...



Sweet boy, how can you be a month old already? Our hearts have exploded with love for you and our new, larger family. You are such a cutie pie and such a big boy. You're not really doing much these days but I know that's going to change very soon.

Drew, you are presently:
• approx 11 lbs
• 22 inches long
• wearing size 1 diapers
• wearing a couple of newborn and even some 3 month-sized outfits. Yes, my one-month old butterball can wear outfits that big brother couldn't fit into til he was 2-3 months old.
• eating about every 3 hours...like a champ, obviously
• sleeping ok overall -- some sporadic naps during the day, preferably in the arms of someone who loves you. :) Your night sleeping is sporadic as well. Most nights you're waking up once or twice but you have woken up 3 times throughout the night a few times. I'm hoping we can get you on a good schedule before I go back to work.
• you have good neck muscles/control for someone your age. You and your brother both arrived in this world very alert and with good muscle use.
• you've rolled over from your belly to your back 3 times.

You are just a little monkey and I can already tell that you and your brother are going to be two peas in a pod once you're a little bigger. I cannot believe how much life has changed since you arrived. Things are non-stop as a mother's job is never done. And some days I wonder what I've been doing all day when DS and your Daddy get home in the evening. But then I look at you and I remember -- oh yeah, I've been holding you and staring at you for hours in between feedings and diaper changes. I never imagined how much and how quickly the love in my heart could multiply. My boys are my life. :)

Love,
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment