Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Guest Post: David Scott...

What's up loyal followers?!? Mama left the laptop open so I'm going to do a guest post and surprise everyone with my typing/grammar skills and wit.

Well, I'm a big brother now. Baby Drew is real. He's no longer in Mama's belly. I asked where he came from and Mama and Daddy just laughed uncomfortably. I figured it out though, and I told them so they'll know -- he came out of the top. As in he was in Mama's belly one day and then he came out of her mouth -- cuz thats how stuff comes outta your belly. Either that or he came out the back...like poopoo. I'm really not sure, now. But I schooled the parents on the logistics of how Baby Drew came to be and it was followed by more nervous laughter from Mama and Daddy-o.

Mama and her boys...
 
I love my baby brother. And btw, he is MY baby. Not Daddy's. I told him to get his own baby. He said something about me and Drew being his babies. But, whatever, Dad. Case in point: Who helps change Baby Drew's diapers? Me! Who helps give him a bath? Me! Who is always telling Baby Drew that I love him and that he's my best friend? Me! Who burps him all the time? Me! Or rather Daddy does, but I would totally do it if the baby nazis would let me.


And while I'm sending messages to the 'rents, Mom, you need to let me hold him more. Why can't I walk around carrying him like you and Daddy do? Also, I want to feed my brother sometime. Like you do. I have nipples, too. And so does Daddy. Why are you so special?!? And why won't you let me bathe him the way I want to?  I get a cup of water repeatedly dumped on me during bathtime, why can't I dump a cup of water on his head? And finally, I think you and Daddy should let me eat more snacks -- specifically starbursts, fruit-fruit (fruit chews), cupcakes, rice cakes, and rolls. My name is David Scott Rainwater, Jr., and I love rolls/bread/rice. I don't love chocolate. I also love icees and rainbow (sherbet) ice cream. Also, my mom is a "good cooker." So is Johnny's Pizza. And Daddy is too; he cooks the best steak -- I can eat a lot of steak! Baby Drew can't have big people food yet; he's a baby and can only have the milk from Mama.

Me, Daddy, and Baby Drew...the Three Amigos

Back to being a big brother. It's fun, I guess. Mama and Daddy tell me about when I was a baby. I like hearing about that. I've had a few bathroom-related accidents. And Mama and Daddy say I need to listen better. Hint, people: I'm listening...I just choose to ignore what you're telling me to do or not do. I'm open to bribes so if you want to wheel and deal, give me your terms and I'll consider "listening" better. I work well with the afore-mentioned snacks and promises of playing outside.

I love you, Baby Drew! You're my best friend! You're my little brother and I'm your big brother and I will love you forever. You are my favorite and I love you the most. I know we will be best friends forever and I know we're gonna have lots of fun growing up together if you ever get big like me.

Til next time,
David Scott (or D-Sco as I told Mama to call me for my nickname -- who wants to be called "Baby Doll"? Crazy lady...)

Mama says she could get better pictures of us together if I'd sit still.  As if!

No comments:

Post a Comment