Monday, March 25, 2013

David Scott Says...

Our hilarious, almost three-and-a-half year old boy says the funniest things. The way his little mind works is amazing. David Scott is pretty smart and has fairly appropriate conversation with us and others. But sometimes, what comes out of his mouth really makes us scratch our heads and say, "Huh?" And other times, we'll laugh so hard at the hilarity of whatever has come out of his mouth.

In describing Drew, who David Scott says loves him...his "feetheart". We would call that a sweetheart, but "feetheart" will do.

He invents new words -- words like "heyved" (verb): saying hey and waving simultaneously. Used in a sentence: I just heyved at Daddy!

He takes responsibility for things. An excerpt from a conversation a few weeks ago: "It's all my fault, Mama," he said.
"What's all you fault?" I asked him. "Ummm... Trees?" Ok. Trees are all his fault. Blame him for the over-abundance of them.

"The tv is ruined!" he proclaimed one day after his movie ended. I guess he'd forgotten about all the other times he'd been watching a movie when it ended. Speaking of movies, DS rec'd the classic Disney movie "Dumbo" for Christmas. Except he wasn't calling it "Dumbo," he was calling it "Gumbo". I kept having to correct him by saying it was "Dumbo -- with a 'D'." So then he started calling it "Gumbo with a D."

Just recently, DS introduced me to a new game, "Hide and Sneak." He even asked Gran to play "Hide and Sneak" with him when she and Papa were down this past weekend. After each of them took a turn to "hide" and subsequently..."sneak," Gran was ready for bed. DS was not. He wanted to play "ma more time" as he signaled the number "one". He wanted to play "Hide and Sneak ma more time." We laughed at his interpretation of the game and playing once more for several minutes. Needless to say, he got to play again -- but with Papa.

This morning, David Scott told me he wanted to go back to the "popcorn place." Confused, I asked him where that was. He said, "You know -- the popcorn place. And we watch movies." Ding! He wanted to go back to the movie theater.

Ahhh...what a fun age he's at right now. Don't get me wrong, some of what comes out of our darling boy's mouth isn't so sweet. For instance, I've been told that he "doesn't like" me anymore. And Scotty was told that he "was not" David Scott's friend. And sometimes if we ask him to do something like get dressed in the morning, his response is, "Never" as he starts to run through the house declaring that he is Batman (or Spider-Man) and he has to save people and not get dressed. But his bursts of attitude are (practically) forgotten when I tell him that I love him, and his response is, "I love you more." Ahhh...my heart...swells and breaks into a million pieces simultaneously when I think of this sweet boy and his little brother. Life would be so boring and empty without them.






No comments:

Post a Comment