Sunday, September 20, 2009

Busy Weekend

Whew! I need a weekend to recover from the weekend. Do you ever feel that way? It's like vacation -- when you return after being gone a few days, you need a few more days to catch up on the things you missed doing while you were gone. Anyhoo, as I've mentioned previously, my friend from college, Alicia (Price now Crooks), was making the bedding and curtains for the baby's room. Well she just finished it and I received my package in the mail on Saturday. I was soooo excited to get it! Everything turned out beautifully. I'm simply baffled how some people have great creative talents like sewing or drawing/painting, and the rest of us -- or maybe it's just me :) -- are lucky to sew on a button corretly. Oh well, I guess my talents lie more in the people-arena or in having the ability to see things. Not like psychic stuff, but being able to envision how something should be done or what the finished product will look like. Which brings me to the point of my post.

As soon as I found the bedding I wanted to use giraffe-print with blue, I knew that was "the one" kind of like most decisions I make...when something's right, you just know it. Same thing with the baby bed and dresser. Yes, I went back and forth between two different sets, but it was strictly from a financial perspective that I did so. I actually let Scotty make the final call when he went to pay/pick up the furniture. He picked our original choice, which I was 100% in favor of. Yes, it was the slightly more expensive choice than my Plan B, but it was so classy and versatile, that we really had no choice. Sorry, you'll have to wait a few more days for pics of the furniture b/c I'm too tired (or in this case, lazy) to get up and go to the other computer which has all of our pictures on it to upload any on this post. But I digress. For the past couple of weeks, Scotty and I have been cleaning out closets and getting more organized in preparation for our upcoming bundle of joy. This weekend, we were able to move the desk and such from the office (now baby room) into the extra bedroom which we also did some rearranging in. Then, we moved around the furniture in Baby Rain's room...well, Scotty did -- I just supervised for the most part. And let me tell you, supervising can be tiring. Not nearly as exhausting as moving around the furniture in the extra bedroom (twice) and then in the baby's room, but tiring nonetheless. Once the nursery is a little more "complete," I'll post pics of it. We don't have anything on the walls just yet (see previous posts), but I have no doubt that we will in the very near future. THEN, I'll post some pics.

We had a couple of visitors over the weekend. On Saturday, Racheal (Evans) Bellemin came all the way over from Port Allen (about 10 miles outside BR in the opposite direction of our house) just to see us and check out our progress. Lola loves Rach as she and I were roommates when I adopted The Bean, AND she was the one who started calling Lola "Bean." So needless to say, Lola was ecstatic with our visitor. Then Lauri, one of my coworkers who lives a mile away, came by with her little girl. Lola was less than thrilled with this set of visitors, but it's only b/c she doesn't "know" them well enough. However, she will be excited tomorrow night when her Grandmother arrives. Mama and David have to come down to BR so she can get some education on Tuesday, so they'll be coming to our abode tomorrow evening.

I have to go back to the doctor on Thursday and will make another post then. I'll be sure to post the pics of the bed and dresser sans giraffe-print decor. I know you can hardly contain yourself. :)

1 comment:

  1. please post pics of the bedding! i've been dying to see it since you told me about it!

    ReplyDelete