Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week 31 -- and counting...

I had another doctor's visit today. Everything went great! The baby's hearbeat was 148 bpm, and as always, he was moving around like crazy. My blood pressure was fine, and my blood sugar's been great -- I'm still not convinced I have GD, but will continue to follow my dietary guidelines and prick my fingers 4 times a day to be on the safe side. I've gained 15 pounds so far. And even if I gain a pound a week from here on out like the books tell me I will, I will be under the 25-pound threshold that Dr. G initially set for me. Yay me! At this visit, I also received my flu shot for the year. After much deliberation and independent research (mostly done by Betsey), I decided not to get the swine flu vaccine. Like I told my doctor, there just isn't enough evidence on the long-term side effects of the vaccine, PLUS, I don't understand how it's not safe for infants under age 6 months, but it's safe for my son who is not even born yet. My doctor had no problem with me not taking the vaccine which was a relief.

Next Wednesday begins my weekly ultrasounds/sonograms and I am pumped! I am so looking forward to seeing better images of the little ninja who kicks me in my ribs and wakes me up in the middle of the night with his activities. He's much more active in the afternoon than any other time of day, plus it's more convenient for me work-wise to leave an hour or so early so all of my appointments are towards the end of the day. Next week, Mimi (Debbie) will be down here for work and will be joining me for my u/s as Scotty may or may not be out of town for work. This will be her first "introduction" as she called it to her grandson. My mom, Grandmother (or possibly Gran -- she's going back and forth now as to what she wants to be called), is probably going to make the trek down from North LA later on in October for her first live viewing of the David Scott Rainwater, Jr. Show. I just hope that we're able to get a few clear images of him. His prior u/s pics look like every other baby and I'm ready to have a better idea of what HE looks like. We decided not to do the 4D u/s, so there will still be some mystery to our child since we already know he's a boy, but I'm really ready to see him!

Anyway, as promised in my last post, below are some pictures of the nursery in it's current state. We're probably going to leave the furniture as it is in these pics, but may be adding a couple of things here and there -- definitely adding some things to the walls.

Baby bed with current occupant -- the tiger. My giraffe room theme is now becoming more of an animal/jungle theme courtesy of Scotty who couldn't resist this at the store.

The curtains -- love these!


The dresser (with a bunch of "stuff" on it), the rocking chair/glider which we had recovered to go with our motif, and Lola who still doesn't know what to make of all of these new things.

That's about it for now. If someone could please tell me how to center my picture commentary underneath my picture, that would be great. I can't seem to figure out how to do it without changing the alignment of the entire post. More info to come after next week's visit. Possibly even an updated belly pic before then!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the bedding! i'll be heading back to la prob on monday; rett following on either tues or wed. i'll call you while driving as i'm sure i'll be bored.

    ReplyDelete