Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Week 32...

Finally! We got to see the baby for the first time in 3 months today as it was our first of the weekly ultrasounds from here til it's time we get to meet our little man. Both Mimi and my hubby got to come with me to the visit today. As usual, he was hamming it up -- constantly moving around to the point that we almost didn't get a "good" picture of his little face or get a "good" reading of his heartbeat. But he finally cooperated and we were able to get both...along with a little bonus action from our son. We got a ton of pics from today's visit, but I've scanned in the 6 that I like the best. Well, I didn't scan them in; the guy at Kinko's did b/c I figured they'd do a better job than Scotty or I would. Wrong. As you can see, the genius guy at Kinko's scanned the top two pictures upside down. M-A-N is all I can say. No disrespect to my husband or any of the competent guys who read this blog; I know none of you would have overlooked this important aspect of the pics. This guy was just clueless, I guess, that u/s pics should be viewed one way -- and that's not upside down. Anyway, if you can't read what the captions on the top two pics say, the first one is pointing out his hair (if the tech says so -- she looks at these every day; I don't, but I still don't see any hair). And the second one is a picture of his balls -- "I'm a man." She kept trying to get a good shot of his business, but he wouldn't oblige. She kept saying, "Come on, show me your testicles." Scotty commented that she wouldn't be the first female to say that to him. Typical guy... The second two pics are of his face. You can see that he has chubby little cheeks. So cute! But then again, I am already partial to the beauty/handsomeness of this kid. The last two pics, and I think these are our favorites, are our son giving us the "thumbs up" sign and a "peace" sign. Just his little way of telling us that everything is fine and he's doing well. Which the nurse confrimed. Based on his measurements and such, he's still measuring about a week behind, but everything looks great. His weight was estimated to be about 4 pounds. I was expecting a little less although 4 lbs. at this stage of the game is average. I'm expecting him to be between 7 and 8 lbs at birth.

BTW, I don't really think he knows about "thumbs up" or "peace" just yet. I'm sure he was just about to suck his thumb or on his hand since that was part of the reason that it took us so long to get a decent facial picture of him -- he kept his hands too close to his face. But, it is funny to think about him communicating via sign language already. OR, maybe he's just a genius! I think I like that. Well, that's about it. I'll go back to the doc for another u/s and visit next Wednesday.

OH -- and this is big -- I found out from my boss, who is trying to help ensure us a spot in the daycare we want, that we're in the top 10 and that they're expecting 4-5 infant spots to become open in January/February. We may be #2 on that list, or #5, or #10. I don't care. I just hope and pray -- and I ask you to do the same -- that we get in this daycare when we need to. They are one of the best in BR. It's convenient to my office and Scotty's. I half-jokingly told my boss that if we didn't get in that I would be bringing my baby to work until we had a spot available at this particular daycare. We should know more in November or December at the latest. I'm just going to have faith that we will continue to be smiled upon and that things will work out. I've always done that and don't intend to stop anytime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment