Tuesday, December 8, 2009

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

WE GOT IN!  To our first choice daycare, that is!  I found out on Friday that we got the last opening in the daycare for January.  I meant to post an update sooner, but you know how that goes.  Anyway, we are so excited that David Scott will be in this particular daycare.  As I've mentioned before, it is central to both of our offices as well as the pediatrician's office.  It's not close to where we live, but that's not a problem at all since there are very few things, besides a local grocery store, that we access on a regular basis that are close to our house.  It's even close enough to my office that I can pop in and feed him lunch if I'm able some days, so that's convenient.  I had faith that we would get in and I refused to let myself stress out about it, although I'll admit that I was starting to panic the slightest bit since we hadn't heard anything from them since our last update a month or two ago.

Here's a pic of our little boy.  This was taken after he'd had a bath due to a couple of wat we'll refer to as simultaneous excretory explosions.  He was pretty well-behaved as we were bathing him, but then he got kind of quiet afterward.  Take a look -- it's almost like he's pouting:


That was on Saturday. Later that day, we decided it would be cute to take a few candid shots of DS in one of his Christmas outfits. Here's a teaser from those -- we'll have more to post once it gets closer to Christmas:




He's not too sure about what's on his head.

It's 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday.  I've already taken a shower, brushed my teeth, put on a little make-up, blow-dried my hair, eaten breakfast, AND just put my second load of clothes in the washer.  This is a huge improvement from yesterday since I was unable to get anything done before noon.  Truth be told, because of feeding times, baby sleeping (or not since he tends to be awake most of the day), changing diapers and clothes, I was a little tired yesterday and chose to sleep an hour or so after the 6 a.m. feeding instead of taking care of my own health and beauty needs.  NOTE TO SELF:  It is much easier to get a few things done earlier in the day than it is to find the time during the day to do it.  I can catch up on my sleep during the day...assuming my child takes a nap.  I don't have nearly as much "free time" as I thought I would.  Thank goodness for my iPhone.  Although I don't have the chance to get on the actual laptop to do anything, I am able to at least check the news headlines and such occasionally while I'm feeding the baby.  Yes, I know, I'm supposed to be paying attention to him during that special time.  And I do.  I tell him what the headlines and articles say.  He needs to be informed, too.  :)

1 comment:

  1. a shower and make-up? you're super mom! yes, i want to see y'all during christmas! we'll only be in winnsboro on christmas eve. if my mom is lucky then we may go that night before and spend the night, but i make no promises. when will y'all be in? when do you go back to work? congrats on the daycare!

    ReplyDelete