Monday, October 18, 2010

Last Weekend and This One...

Last weekend (not this most recent one -- but the one before), David Scott and I headed north after work on Friday. I had a meeting up there on Monday morning, so we were able to make it a long weekend. Scotty stayed in BR as he had a huge trial to finish prepping for; he and Lola got some quality one-on-one time with one another.


On Saturday, DS and I ran all over the state. Not really, but we were gone from about 8:30 that morning until about 5:30 that evening. First stop was Betsey's house. She'd picked up something for me for DS' birthday cake, and I had a coupon for her, and of course, the babies played together. Although we only got to stay for about an hour or so, the kiddos had a good time and B and I got to visit a little...when we weren't trying to corral Stella Grace and David Scott.



 DS, SG, and Minnie's tail

Next stop was the pumpkin patch at The Townshend House in Ruston.  Boo met us there so we could take pics of DS surrounded by a bunch of pumpkins.  Last year, when DS was about a month or so old, I'd bought a cute john-john off Etsy (size 12 mo.) and I wanted to ensure that we got pics of him in his outfit before it got too small.  It fit him to perfection and is probably too small for him this week.  Literally.  Here are a few pics from our photo session:

 






After that, we stopped by Brad's office to see him for a few minutes before we headed to Tech to tailgate for a while.  DS sneaked in a few little naps on our way to Rayville, and then Rayville to Ruston, so he would be good to go for a little while longer so I felt pretty good about staying there an hour or so.  Tech is actually a pretty good place to tailgate with small children.  We were able to park super-close to Boo and Dusty's tailgate spot; it wasn't swelteringly hot (although we certainly could've used a few degrees of relief); AND there weren't tens of thousands of people milling around.  With LSU games, you're lucky if you can park 3.5 miles away from your destination; and there are always throngs of people everywhere.  DS got an up close and personal view of the band, the football players, and a bulldog named Ruston.  I think the dog was his favorite.  Brad and his girlfriend stopped by just before DS and I headed to Monroe for a visit with Mimi, Mamaw, and Papaw.

Auntie Boo and DS

Ruston the Bulldog, Ruston's tongue, and DS

We got to M&P's about 2:30. David Scott played peek-a-boo with Papaw; and Mamaw found some "vintage" toys for him to play with as well. We kept waiting for him to take a step on his own...we're still waiting. Sidenote: DS has now taken 3 (THREE) single steps -- two in front of Scotty while I was cleaning up (Scotty, if you're reading this, don't laugh; I count unloading the dishwasher as cleaning up.) and taking a shower, and he took the third one at daycare one day about two weeks ago. I am still in denial about the steps' alleged existence until I see him do it. Anyhoo, we had a nice visit at Mamap & Papaw's, and headed back to the 'Boro after a couple of hours. Gran and Papa D were happy to see us -- or at least they were happy to see David Scott. Since having DS, Scotty and I have pretty much accepted the fact that our families only see us as breeders of their grandhildren/great-grandchildren and we're pretty much second-class citizens. I'm just kidding. Maybe.


 Playing peek-a-boo with his great-grandparents

 Playing with toys that Daddy used to play with

 Sunday we didn't do much. Just hung around Mama and David's house, watched football, played outside, etc. Boo came home b/c she loves spending her every waking moment when we're in town with him, and I don't mind one bit. She's his only aunt and I get a little repreive from being on Mama-duty 24/7/365. When she's around, it's more like 24/7/364.75. Ha! On Monday, Sue-Sue and Angel came to Mom's so I could go do my meeting that morning; we'd met Sue-Sue, Alicia, Dale, Leslie, and Riley for supper on Sunday night which was fun too. DS had a good time Monday morning, but I think we were both ready to come back home on Monday.

Besides DS catching some kind of diarrhea virus, this past week was uneventful. We didn't see too much of Scotty all week as he had the big trial Tuesday through Friday. His efforts paid off tremendously and they won their case. It was a HUGE victory for his law firm and I'm proud of my lead-attorney husband. Going back to DS' little problem, I had to go pick him up from daycare early on Thursday due to the issue -- mainly b/c if he had another diaper like that, he'd HAVE to miss Friday. Naturally, I'm going to send him to daycare if I'm able and he's well enough. On Friday, he still wasn't totally better, but it wasn't bad enough that he had to stay home from daycare. Looking back, perhaps he should have though since today, Monday, he still has it and I was called around lunchtime to come get him as he'd had 2 blowouts of the liquid variety. So sorry if this is TMI. After consulting with his pediatrician, he's been on the BRATs diet since Friday. The BRATs Diet consists of Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast, trying to stick with whole grains, so I added Cheerios and noodles to that list. He's also been eating crackers. We didn't do too much this past weekend -- ran a few errands and watched football, mainly.

So thinking DS was all better this morning, I sent him on to daycare without a care in the world. About 9:15 this morning, I rec'd call #1 notifying me of blowout #1. At 12:30, I rec'd call #2 regarding blowout #2. Due to the nature of the blowouts, he had to go home. At work, I'm in the middle of a big project which has a deadline of noon tomorrow which is when I have to leave for the airport; I'm going to Atlanta for a 1-day seminar on healthcare reform and will be back Wednesday evening. So, given the fact that I have this deadline, I had to work from home this afternoon, while Sir Poos a Lot crawled all around and generally whined to be held; Lola barked...it was just a zoo All. Afternoon. Long. Thank goodness for The Lion King. He'd never seen that movie before -- truth be told, DS doesn't watch too much tv period. However, my favorite Disney movie was able to capture his attention for a little while so I could get some work done. And since we had to go home with the Big D today, he has to be Big D free for 24 hours before he can go back to daycare. So guess who's going to be a stay-at-home-dad tomorrow? Yep, my lead-attorney husband and DS are having a father-son day. Scotty's quote from earlier this evening, "I hope we survive. Seriously."

I hope they survive, too. Hey -- Happy 11-month birthday to my little David Scott. I will write up the official 11-month post after I return from my trip. I still have clothes to deal with, a bag to pack, work to finish. Ugh. Wish us all luck. And pray that DS gets over this virus real quick -- like he doesn't have any on Tuesday as he may have to stay at home Wednesday as well. I know Scotty has a busy Wednesday planned, so we may have to make alternate arrangements for a baby-sitter since I won't be back til that evening.

1 comment:

  1. 1. i'm sorry ds is sick. i KNOW how you feel. and arranging sitters during the week is NOT fun and it IS expensive. that's your warning! you can thank me later!
    2. LOVE that pic of ruston, ruston's tounge and ds! it looks like the dog is about to eat him!
    3. o has a yeast infection. seriously. so, imagine being a 17 mth old with that. fun, fun. she's handling it like a champ though. i tell you this so you can watch for it. she didn't get it from bad diapers but i now know that it's commonly associated with bad diapers (and obviously antibiotics) and boys can get it to.
    4. when will our children ever get to play together??? i hate that every time you come to town we're headed out of town. but a certain bday party sounds like an excuse for a road trip!!
    5. the pumpkin patch pics turned out super cute!

    ReplyDelete