Sunday, October 31, 2010

11 Months...



Well actually, the more appropriate title would be 11 months and 13 days, but I digress...

David Scott,
Daddy and I are in the middle of planning (really it's just preparing now) for your 1st birthday party. Exactly a year ago, we were preparing for your birth which would happen 19 days later. And now here you are nearly walking, babbling and talking, and growing each and every day. I swear, your Daddy and I love you more with each day that passes, although every day, I think it's not possible to love you more. But we do. I love seeing you first thing in the morning, when you're still sleepy and you want to be held. I love when you wave bye bye to me and even sometimes blow me a kiss when i drop you off at daycare in the morning. I love seeing your face light up when I arrive to pick you up from daycare. I love playing with you...even when you're in a crabby mood in the evenings. I love watching you sleep in your bed at night. I even love getting up with you at 2:48 a.m. Which I did night before last b/c you were crying and I wanted to console you --haven't had to do that in several weeks. But even when you were regularly waking up in the middle of the night, and I had to go to work the next day, I didn't mind that either. And do you know why I love all these things? Because I'm your mother. And that's what I do. The same goes for Daddy, although he doesn't write it down, but he tells you just like I do how much you mean to us both.

For record-keeping purposes, David Scott, you are currently:
• 29.5 inches in length
• 23.5 Pounds
• Wearing a size 3 diaper...still
• Wearing a size 3 or 4 shoe
• Wearing mostly size 12 month clothes, although you can wear a few of your 6, 9, and 18-month things...kinda strange the variation of sizes
• Eating more and more regular food. Spaghetti and beef tips with rice and gravy seem to be some of your favorite foods. What a pleasant coincidence!
• Still taking 4 bottles a day although certain containers of your formula were recalled so we've been having to buy your formula in liquid form. I'm wishing you were already on cow's milk b/c the liquid formula is not cheap.
• Going to bed by 8 and sleeping through the night except every once in a while you'll wake up and can't get yourself back to sleep. Enter Mama to assist.
• Saying Mama (which I think is your favorite word), Dada, Lola, that, thank you (still working on it), hey, bye, and dog (I think).
• Loving life in your new carseat. No longer in a backward-facing baby seat.
• Destined for a career in politics-- you smile and wave at people everywhere we go. It so charming.
• Attempting to walk. As of today, you've taken 5 steps and I STILL haven't witnessed a single one. I'm beginning to think your Daddy is lying about it. And I would totally believe that if you hadn't taken one at daycare a few weeks back.
• Are always on the move. You cannot sit down and watch a movie. Oh no, you want to play with everything all the time. Apparently your Daddy was the same way. Which is not a bad thing...except when Mama really just wants to sit down and relax. But I don't see that happening any time soon.

Little Monkey, I can't believe it's been nearly a year since you officially became a very large part of our family. I love watching you learn new things and progressing each and every day. Just this mornig you were on the floor "reading" a book -- literally turning the pages and just babbling non-stop. Amazing.

Love,
Mama

This is your new thing -- giving a hug, but we call it an ohwee...
Cute bathtime pic...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment