Thursday, May 9, 2013

What's Going On...


Whew! We have been busy taking care of two little boys. We've had a few fun things in between parenting duties and work, but not much.

David Scott has been playing soccer at daycare since last fall (or was it summer? I don't remember). We decided to let him play in the spring league. His games were at 8:30 every Saturday (except for the one before Easter) for about 8 weeks. I think most of the family got to come see him play for one game or another. It was...an experience. And I'm sure DS would tell you he loved it, but it was brutal for Scotty and me. There was joy, frustration, numerous tears, numerous goals made, complaints, pouting, excitement, and pride. And that held true for every single game. Like I said, brutal. Needless to say, we will continue the weekly soccer lesson at school, but are not going to participate in the summer soccer league.

Fierce...


Showing off his "participation medal..."

DS had his first field trip to the strawberry farm. He loves "strawbabies" as he used to call them, and he told me as much throughout the morning. We could never have a strawberry farm; David Scott would eat all our profits. He was literally eating them as quickly as I could put them in the bucket. They were delicious, though.



Lots of messy strawberry juice on that cute face...
We have some other fun things coming up -- a field trip to see Disney on Ice, which DS thinks is us going skiing, no matter how many times I tell him it's a story, like a movie, and that we won't actually be on the ice. He's going to be sorely disappointed tomorrow when he can't throw snowballs at his friends. Then next week, DS starts his 2-week session of swimming lessons. And then at some point, we've talked about him playing t-ball if somebody (ahem, Scotty) would register him for summer. He seems to be much more adept at t-ball than soccer. Hopefully it will be a much more pleasant experience for us all.

Twins!  (Can't get pic to rotate)
And Baby Drew is just growing like a weed. He's still a carbon copy of his big brother except for his cute dimple. He turned. 4-months old today so I'll do a post on that in the next few days (I hope).

Scotty and I have both had a lot going on at work, with him doing a fair amount of traveling during the week. I think we're both tired of his travel schedule so hopefully that will ease up soon.

Today we had Muffins with Mom at daycare. DS and I had a nice breakfast together. And I got a nice card, some artwork and a pot of flowers, and my sweet boy loved it which was enough for me. Nothing brings me more happiness than my sweet boys.



No comments:

Post a Comment