Saturday, August 1, 2009

Funny things...

For the last week or so, in addition to feeling the baby kick more, I've finally started seeing the kicks/movements themselves in my belly. That's pretty cool! Baby Rain's kicks, however, are elusive to Scotty as he always seems to look away right before the baby kicks a big one. Anyway, there's not too much happening right now. Lee has been staying with us for a few days since he returned from his Under Armor internship across the US. We went out for Mexican at Casa Maria last night -- a favorite eating place for Scotty and I as it is located right across the street from our old apt. in BR. Anyway, I ordered a Coke to drink, and when the waiter brought it out, it was in a glass about half the size of a normal glass. Scotty and Lee also noticed it was slightly different in color. Before I had a chance to swig my "coke," Scotty instructed me to let him taste it first. When I gave him the glass, I noticed the color. Scotty took a sip; Lee did too. Yep, the waiter had brought me a rum and coke. #1 -- How many girls do you know that drink rum and coke? #2 -- How many pregnant gals order alcoholic drinks? Now being 23 weeks and a few days into this thing, I realize that I don't look like I'm about to pop. However, I am visibly pregnant -- to the extent that a few strangers have inquired about my status (due date, gender, etc.). The waiter was obviously oblivious to my plight and when Scotty got his attention, he swore I'd asked for it. Uh huh.

A second funny thing happened this morning as I was getting ready for my day. It was time for me to put in a new pair of contacts. For the last month or two I've noticed my vision hadn't been quite as sharp as it should be -- but only by a hair. I mentioned this to my friend Alicia, an optometrist in Shreveport, about a month ago. She confirmed what I already knew, which is that it's not uncommon for your vision to change when you're pregnant. Well, since it wasn't bothering me too much, I didn't take any action in trying to get a stornger pair of contacts. Cut to this morning. I'd put in the first contact and was about to put in the second when I noticed the prescription on the container. Yep, the last time I changed out my contacts I'd put in my old prescription and was about to do it again. What a moron. So I threw out the rest of the pack of old ones, and proceeded to put the correct prescription contacts in my eyes. Again, what a moron -- but imagine my relief that it wasn't my vision that was going bad after all...just my brain. Oh well. I'm sure there's more to follow...

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious that he brought you a rum and coke. (Maybe it was a scam that Scotty put the waiter up to so he could have it:)
    I was a pilates the other day when a woman walked in about 5 minutes after we got started. The instructor them proceeds to ask, "Are you pregnant." Her response, "no." How mortifying!! Maybe he just thought you had a big belly like that girl did :)

    ReplyDelete