Saturday, August 15, 2009

Goodbye Second Trimester...I think

So I'm not sure exactly when the second trimester ends and the third one begins. On Tuesday, I'll be 26 weeks, or just over 6 months along. Logically, it would seem that we're about to begin the home stretch. Anyway, there's not too much going on right now. I had my 10-year high school reunion last weekend. Betsey and I spent most of the day running various errands and shopping for our respective babies. We had a great time together and also at the actual reunion. I was part of the planning "committee," but then I found out we were expecting Baby Rain and got off task a little. Everything ended up being pulled together within about 2 months or so which was what we didn't want to happen, but oh well, we all have other things going on than spending monumental amounts of time planning this thing. We ended up having it at The Warehouse in Monroe (always good!). Anyway, we had about 30 of our classmates attend, which we thought was pretty good. Most of the group went out afterward to a place called "The Hookin Bull." We didn't because there was smoking, booze, and a mechanical bull -- all three of which I didn't need to be around and/or partake in. We went and played putt-putt instead and had a good time with Tyler and his fiance Karla. Scotty won (shocker).

This weekend, we had a co-ed softball tournament for which Scotty's office had a team. He's been the coach all season and everyone was really looking forward to this event due to the success they'd had throughout the regular season (5-1). Unfortunately, more than half the team was suffering from some kind of injury. Scotty was fine...that it, until he made a great hit in the top of the 6th inning. He rounded First, then Second, and on to Third where the Third base coach urged him to go on to Home. He did and ended up trying to make a heroic move to make it safely to Home. One acrobatic move through the air and he landed on his left knee which has always given him trouble. We think he just over-extended it as he landed; he is currently laying up on the couch with an ice pack, and going to take it easy for the rest of the day. Although he'd given it his all, Scotty's team still lost 7-0. His plans are to continue mourning defeat today, but begin planning their strategy and comeback for next year starting tomorrow.

The baby is about a pound and a half or close to two pounds right now, and he's a little over 9 inches from crown to rump. Pretty soon, he should be being measured from head to toe, so that'll be neat to know approximately how big he really is. He is still quite active. Scotty keeps referring to him as a little ninja which I think is an accurate depiction since he seem's pretty agile right now -- still constantly punching, and kicking, and moving around. More and more I'm able to see his punches and kicks on my belly which is cool. I go back to the doctor Wednesday morning to do the glucose test. I'm more worried about making it so long without eating than I am the actual test. Food seems to be constantly on my mind and in fact, that's what I'm about to go do -- pick up lunch for myself and my gimp-kneed hubby.

2 comments:

  1. cant wait to see that baby bump at the wedding this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's more than a bump! You can definitely tell there's a baby in my belly. And I can't wait to see little Olivia -- and you of course!

    ReplyDelete