Tuesday, November 17, 2009

David Scott's Birth Day Eve!

Update from my visit yesterday:  I am dilated to nearly 3 cm and still 80% effaced.  Dr. Gautreau was "shocked...shocked" that I haven't gone into labor yet.  I made the comment that only I would get through the first phase of labor without my water breaking...Oh well, it'll happen tomorrow morning if it doesn't happen sooner on its own.  Also, for the past few days, I'd been not checking my BS like I've so dilligently done these last few months.  I figured, "We're at the end, what difference does it make?"  So when my doctor asked me how they'd been the last couple of days since I submitted my last week's readings, I hesitated.  She picked up on that real quick and totally busted me for not testing.  Although I'd not been sticking 100% to the GD diet since my 2-3 day hiatus from testing, Dr. G told me that yesterday and today were still important and to continue on with my diet and testing.  So I'm doing that.  Moving on...

Yesterday I was nervous; today, I'm excited!  Although everyone is telling me to be sure I get a good night's rest tonight, I feel like sleep is going to elude me tonight.  I think it's going to be a mixture of the nights before the first day of school, Christmas, and vacation.  Dr. G told me I could take a Tylenol PM to help me sleep, but I'm concerned that I'll be groggy in the morning.  I'm already feeling kind of sleepy, so I think I'll avoid taking a nap and just try and go to bed early tonight.  OH!  Big news!  Scotty just walked in with a camcorder!  It's super cool and he is currently trying to take a crash course in "things he needs to know" about it.  I am currently sitting on the couch contempleating what my next move is going to be...

Scotty may be making the next blog update, especially if I am unable to blog as things happen.  We've both been looking forward to his one post that will be dedicated to his hopes and dreams for our son.  I can't wait to meet this little guy who's been growing inside me for the last 39 weeks and who was destined to be ours long before we knew about him.  Happy Birth Day Eve, David Scott!  Mama and Daddy can't wait to hold you in our arms and spend the rest of our lives with you!

1 comment:

  1. This update was wonderful and brought me to tears. The joy of a new life is amazing. You will love like you have never loved before. It is the most amazing thing you will ever experience. This day you have waited on for 9 months will be gone in just a few hours of pain and thinking "OH NO. This will never happen again". But @ the moment they place him in your arms, you will be ready to repeat the process again. Love him like there is no tomorrow. Tomorrow you will gain a new title and it will be the BEST ever: Mommy!! Love to all and praying for a safe and healthy arrival!!

    ReplyDelete