Saturday, November 7, 2009

The time is coming...

Although I promised to update after my appointment Wednesday, I have not.  Well, I guess it's still after Wednesday, but you know what I mean.  My appointment went well.  I had dilated to 2 cm and was 80% effaced.  So -- a little progress since my visit last week.  It's getting closer, though, for sure.  Dr. G said that Scotty should be okay to go on his biz trip.  So, unless I'm feeling things going on tomorrow, he'll fly out tomorrow evening and will return Monday night.  Lee is staying with me just in case, though.  Had I experienced an increase in Braxton-Hicks contractions or regular contractions, I could've gone in to be re-checked yesterday, but I haven't been feeling much of those in the last few days, so I decided I was probably safe.  Here's a pic we just took earlier today.  I'm currently 37 weeks and several days...


BS was good at visit as was BP.  The scale said that I'd lost 3 lbs., but I don't believe that's the case as you can see from my "Grandmother butt" as my sister calls it.  I tried to angle myself in the pic so that you don't get a full-on shot of my backside.  Yes, thoughtful, I know.

Other developments this week:  Lola dressed up as a Bumble Bee for Halloween.  Or, as I like to call her, a Bumble Bean, since we affectionately call her Lola Bean about half the time.  Here's a pic of our 4-legged child all dolled up:


Isn't she cute?!?  Her antennae wouldn't stay up, so I had to hold them up to capture the moment.  Also, you can see the very end of her tail which she'd tucked under her.  Oh yeah, she hates dressing up.

Also, my girls from the office threw me a baby shower on Thursday after work.  Two of my friends, Kara and Melissa also joined us.  We had a great time, but I don't have any pics to share from the get-together.  I've got to get better about taking my camera with me, but it's currently in my bag-to-go-to-the-hospital and will not be removed until it's "geaux-time."  :)

Finally, since it's all but guaranteed that David Scott will be here for Turkey Day, I decided to order him an outfit off Etsy to celebrate his first holiday:

It's a size NB (5-8 lbs) -- BTW, they didn't measure the baby at my last visit, so we don't know how much weight he's gained; we will at my next visit..."If" I make it -- Dr. G's words.  Anyway, This cute thing is a size NB and Scotty said it would be too small for the baby.  So...

...naturally, I had to show him that yes, it would fit the baby perfectly.  I'm continuing to take it easy, at least until Monday night.  Then I may decide to go run a few miles to speed things up a bit..."If" I make it.  That's about it for now.  We're getting ready for the LSU/BAMA game.  Here's hoping the Tigers pull off a W. 


No comments:

Post a Comment