Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Peanut

Here's a quick update about my doctor's appointment today as there's not too much to report -- sigh of relief.  I've gained the pound I lost last week back.  However, the baby's only gained about half a pound since they took his measurements two weeks ago.  Most babies gain about half a pound a week during the last 6-8 weeks or so.  My doctor isn't too concerned, but said that based on his weight (5 lbs. 6 oz), and my frame and background, he's in the 18th percentile.  The fact that he's small isn't surprising since he's been measuring about a week behind the entire time I've been pregnant; and assuming he starts gaining a half a pound a week and IF (a big IF) I make it to my due date, he'll be about 7.5 lbs.  But at this point, there's no way for me to make him bigger since I still have to stick to the GD "diet" and watch my carbs and sugars.  SO, Dr. G commented that he'd be a little "peanut" (which BTW, I love peanuts!) when he got here.  Although not much has changed, she doesn't think I'm going to make it to my due date.  I'm not too much more dilated than I was last week -- she said about 1.5 cm.  She did tell me that she really, really doesn't want me to have him in the next week so I am to stay off my feet as much as possible, although I can still work (yay -- I do love my job!).  So I'm keeping my fingers (and legs!) crossed in the hopes that he'll hold off another 12 days so Scotty can go on his business trip.  After that, bring it on David Scott!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment