Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lazy Weekend

Well, there's not too much to report, which is good. Scotty and I went to dinner and a movie Friday night. TJ Ribs and "Law Abiding Citizen" -- a pretty good combination. Oh, and did I mention the movie was watched along with what was the majority of the Auburn football team. I don't know if the theater sold too many tickets, or if there were people in the theater who bought tickets to another movie and then came to ours, or what, but there were people sitting everywhere. The Auburn football team came in just before the movie started, so there were guys sitting on the floor in front of us where the people in wheelchairs are supposed to sit. Anyway, I suppose they must not have been too comfortable in their makeshift seating given the poor playing they exhibited on Saturday. Oh well, their loss is LAU's gain. Geaux Tigers!!! On Saturday, I sat on my rear end for the entire day, watching college football and taking it easy; I could not be someone who's on bedrest for any length of time. Let me rephrase that, I could totally get used to having someone wait on me, but not really going out of the house to run errands and even keeping my domestic "duties" to a minimum sucks. Today, we went to Wal-Mart -- an exhausting and expensive trip, I might add. However, I feel even more prepared should David Scott come a little earlier than we expect him to. There are still a few little things we need to take care of in his room before I consider it to be "finished," including, but not limited to hanging stuff on the walls. However, his clothes are all washed and our bags are (almost) packed.

I've found a new obsession -- Etsy. It's a website, kind of like Ebay, but with custom stuff, handmade items, etc. You can find everything from burp cloths to furniture to artwork. Speaking of art, Rachel is having a giveaway for a holiday canvas. Check out the link or go to her blog http://www.thepeekabootique.blogspot.com/, leave a comment and get yourself registered for her giveaway on Wednesday. And tell your friends as well. She's been very busy getting ready for selling her stuff at a booth in Cedar Town (a Ruston thing coming up in a few weeks), but she'd love to be even busier with her art. She also has a site on Etsy. I've literally spent hours on this site this weekend looking at all the stuff you can buy. I'm considering several cute burp cloth designs, but with several thousand to look at, it's taking me a while to get through them all, just in case I see something I like better than the ones I'm currently liking.

Sorry for the uneventful post, although, for the time being, I guess I prefer uneventful. I'll go back to the doctor on Wednesday, so we'll see if there's been any change in my stats, although I'm not expecting there to be. Fingers crossed for no progress. :)

1 comment: